Peringatan Hari Buruh sudah ada sejak abad ke-19 di Amerika Serikat. Untuk menghormati pemogokan nasional tahun 1886 selama delapan jam kerja, yang dimulai pada tanggal 1 Mei dan berpuncak pada peristiwa Haymarket di Chicago, Amerika Serikat, tanggal 1 Mei ditetapkan sebagai Hari Buruh.
1. Labour, like all other things which are purchased and sold... has its natural and its market price. [David Ricardo]
2. The reward of labour is life. Is that not enough? [William Morris]
3. A full belly to the labourer was, in my opinion, the foundation of public morals and the only source of real public peace. [William Cobbett]
4. Labour Day, May Day, or Worker's Day is celebrated annually on 1 May. This day is observed to educate people about the hard work of labourers and create awareness about their rights.
5. The commemoration of Labour Day dates back to 19th century in the United States of America. To honour the 1886 countrywide strike for an eight-hour working day, which started on 1 May and culminated in the Haymarket affair in Chicago, the United States, 1 May has been designated as Labour Day.
6. Labour Day is a day to honor and respect the dedicated work of strong willed people around us. Happy Labour Day 2023.
7. On this Worker's Day, I am sending great wishes and greetings to all the hardworking labourers of the world. Happy May Day 2023.